Wednesday, December 6, 2017

•    Are there any connections between this book and your own life?  Explain.
•    Are there any connections between this book and another book you’ve read or story you’ve heard?
•    Is the main character or situation he/she is in similar to you or anyone you know?  Does a character remind you of another you’ve encountered in a different book?
•    What do you think of a particular character’s actions?  Are they right or wrong?  Why?•    Are there any connections between this book and your own life?  Explain.
•    Are there any connections between this book and another book you’ve read or story you’ve heard?
•    Is the main character or situation he/she is in similar to you or anyone you know?  Does a character remind you of another you’ve encountered in a different book?
•    What do you think of a particular character’s actions?  Are they right or wrong?  Why?


There are many connections between Louie's life and mine. Louie is really good at running and so am I. I love running and so does He. He also likes planes. Now I don't want to go to the army but I have loved planes and have been visiting the Boeing HQ. There is one other book that has been about world war 2. I don't know a lot about the book. All i know is that they boys are very dedicated to rowing and they have to go to the army. This connects to me because my dad was an Olympic rower.


I think that Louie made the right decisions and that he has been very lucky and yet very unlucky at the same time. He was very lucky to survive in the raft and to end up at land. Yet he was very unlucky to end up at a Japanese internment camp.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Jack on his passion on planes and running. I also would definelty not want to go to the army/navy even though my family on my dads side all went to the Navy. I don’t really understand how rowing and going to the army are connected. And how does your dad being in the Olympics relate him and you to Louie? But I think Rowing does give you some charactersitsics that would be helpful in the army. Finally I totally agree on how Louie was lucky and unlucky. There are two sides and both make sense. First he has been starved, beatened, and in horrible weather. This is obvisouly horrible and very unlucky. BUT he is very lucky that he was able to survive the whole ordeal. He has been through almost the worst things that has happened in history. So yes Louie is both lucky and unlucky.

    ReplyDelete